Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Lots going on over Mother's Day weekend...and the hottest temperatures I've ever witnessed in the month of May.

We drove out to west Texas for the weekend to see our moms, watch a dance recital for Miss Karlee, and celebrate Kelsey and Barrett's birthdays. Miss Kelsey was born on May 12 and Mr. Barrett on May 15. Therefore, they will probably share a lot of birthdays in the future!!! I can't believe my niece is thirteen. When Matt and I started dating, she was three! Wow! Now we have a three year old, and Kelsey is growing up before our eyes.

Little Miss Karlee performed great at her dance recital, however, had the stomach bug for the remainder of the evening. Poor thing didn't even get to celebrate or hang out with us very much.

Here are a few shots of our weekend:

Cousins - Karlee 8, Barrett (almost 3 years), Kelsey 13




Papa Barrett (I'm sure he doesn't want me to post his age -haha) and grandson Barrett


The temperatures throughout the weekend were insane. HOT, DRY, HEAT (and I'm not kidding). It was 102 degrees outside on Saturday, and 105 on Sunday! It seriously felt like a summer day in the middle of August! Whew!!!

No comments: