Saturday, November 3, 2012

2012 Color Run

I'm on my way to my reaching my goals....I hope!  I just have to stay motivated.  I'm hoping to accomplish a couple of 10K runs by summer...and then, I'm going to train myself for a half marathon!  Yes...I said it!  Maybe if I SAY IT...I'll actually do it.
Today, I met some girl friends of mine to join me in the McKinney Color Run.  Why is it called the Color Run???  Well, as you run, there are people standing at checkpoints where they blast you with color bombs (colored corn startch).  It was a outdoor course on a grassy terrain (with a lot of holes and hills I might add), along with obstacles.  I actually climbed over two walls, walked across a few balance beams, and crawled over hurdles!  To keep the run "fun" and "light-hearted"...I told Lynn and Courtney to pretend that we were all on The Biggest Loser or Survivor! haha
Next run I'm planning on doing is the December 1st, Rudolph Run.  That race will be a simple 5K and I'll have my Cheatham students and families joining me!!!  I can't wait.  I want to find a red tu-tu and put some jingle bells on it!!!!



Oh...and I just recently bought this t-shirt!  I love it!!!  It pretty much sums up the reason love running!!!


No comments: