Sunday, November 22, 2009

18 Months


I can't believe Barrett is 18 months. Time is flying by so fast. We had a great visit at the doctor's office.
I love our pediatrician. He seems to be so calm, soft spoken, and genuine. We literally spent close to an hour with us just talking, and asking us questions about Barrett's development.
Overall, Barrett seems to be right on track.
Weight: 29lbs Height: 35 1/2 inches

Get this...while the doctor was looking inside Barrett's mouth, he said that B was already getting his second set of molars! He said that it's not common, but it's not a "bad thing" either. Maybe we'll be done with teething sooner than we think! ha ha
Hemangioma update...
It's not really shrinking, but it is fading from the middle, outward. It's almost white in the center. Honestly, I don't even notice it anymore. It's just part of him. The doctor said eventually he can have it removed, bu the wants it to fade a little more to decrease the chance of it possibly "bleeding out" or scarring too bad.
In the mean time, we plan on calling it Barrett POWER dot! He's not asking now, but when he does, we plan on telling him that's where he gets all of his energy, magic, and power.

18months:
  • He's into everything!
  • Starting to increase his vocabulary daily. I love it when he tries to say more than one word at a time. It's hilarious.
  • He's expressing his feelings so well. He laughs at funny things (even when he is by himself playing, I'll catch him laughing at something he is doing). He also acknowledges when he needs to be quiet, someone is sad or hurt.
  • He helps me pick up his toys when I ask.
  • He pretends very well. I love watching his imagination at work. Sometimes he mimics what I am doing or saying, to one of his little animals (or trucks).
  • Totally in LOVE with tractors, trucks, buses, cars, balls, Elmo, rocks, and books!
  • When I'm doing my crunches or push-ups, Barrett gets on the floor and tries to do them with me! It is adorable.
  • He wants us to read to him constantly and is getting better at his picture flashcards.
  • He likes wrestling with Matt on the floor.
  • Gives "knuckles and high fives" when he meets people.
  • Active, active, active! I hope that never changes!!!

Lots of wonderful memories that I'll need to write in his baby book. I absolutely love being Barrett's momma. He means the world to me.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Awww...what a sweet post! I would love to see the two of you doing those push ups and crunches!

Sweet sweet boy! Growing up! Almost 3 ft tall!! OMG!

Love ya'll!