Sunday, November 8, 2009

Night Time

Most of the time, Matt is the one to put Barrett to bed. They have their own, little routine down. It is so sweet. Occasionally, I get to rock Barrett to sleep, and when I do, it makes me realize how fast time has flown by. Honestly, it makes me want all those moments back!!! It seems like just yesterday that I was giving him a bottle and rocking him for what seemed like a lengthy time,until I could ease him into his crib without waking him up.
Now, I feel like my baby is all grown up.

The night time routine (mainly for Barrett to read about when he gets older)
After dinner, Barrett usually gets his second burst of energy. He runs around the couches, and wrestles with Matt! If I ever try to get down into the floor with them, I usually get booted out. I just get to help out if someone gets hurt.
Speaking of dinner...this is what he does with his corn and peas. The more he can stuff into his cars, the better. Then he cries when I am washing them out!

Around 7:30 or 8:00 we tell B that it is time to go to bed. He grabs his little puppy dog, Deputy and sometimes takes a little car with him to his room. Matt reads a book, and rocks him to sleep. On the nights Barrett is really tired, he crawls down out of the rocker and into his own bed all by himself.
This is Barrett playing on with the ab roller. In action, it is hilarious. He drives it all around the house, running into to things. Then he giggles and keeps go going. Trust me, my walls need a new paint job!

I usually sneak in before I go to sleep to steal a few kisses. I can't help it.
Barrett's favorite books right now are:
Good Night Moon (which we have memorized)
Ace the Racing Car
The Truck Book (I think this book is for older kids, but Barrett listens to every word of it - - it's all about different kinds of trucks, bulldozers, and tractors)
Elmo Lost his Blankie
Colors
Elmo Learns to Potty (this one has sound effects and Barrett's favorite part is to make the toilet flush sound)

1 comment:

The Pustejovskys' said...

That is just adorable! You definitely will have many more moments that make you realize that they are all grown! It goes by way too fast!