Saturday, July 26, 2008

Good Deed

Due to specific symptoms, our pediatrician diagnosed Barrett with having an allergic reaction to a milk-protien that I produced. So, as most of you know, I switched Barrett over to formula around 5 weeks of age. It wasn't by choice because I had initially planned to nurse for as long as I could. Knowing he was heading to daycare in the fall, I had stored ample amounts of milk. So much...that my entire freezer was full (and I'm not exaggerating).

I was so disappointed when I realized that I was going to have to throw it all out. All that time and energy wasted.

Hours before I started cleaning out the freezer, I spoke to a friend of mine that suggested the most wonderful idea. She asked if I had ever considered donating my milk to a milk bank. What a fabulous idea!!!!

I checked into the process of how, what, and when to do it. It was simple!!!!

Friday night, I drove over to Richardson Medical Center and donated over 521 ounces! Walking out the doors of that hospital, I felt so proud of myself!!!!

*No pictures for this blog post -ha ha ha

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm with you there girl! I could have nursed 3 babies. If I have that much next time I'll donate it too. I had to throw some away after Landree quit nursing. How awesome!