Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas craft

Remember that I teach 4th grade, and I'm not much of a crafty person. It's a good thing that Martha Stewart doesn't know where I live! I believe my sister got most of the skills when it comes to doing home projects, gardening, or crafts.
I wanted to do something special for Barrett's grandparents (as a gift from him) for Christmas. I wanted it to be personalized and something they could keep forever.
Debbie Hazelwood was at my rescue (a friend of mine that teaches with me at school). She gave me the most wonderful idea of putting Barrett's hand print on a Christmas ball.
Not only was the final product the most adorable thing I had ever seen....but MAKING the ornaments were a memory I'll never forget. It was work keeping Barrett from smearing the paint all over the chair, table and himself!!!!
I would have taking actual pictures of us creating the keepsake, but it took Matt and I (all 4 hands) to hold Barrett in place!!!!
Getting ready....waiting patiently with the "drum" Daddy made for me out of tin can. Never underestimate what you can rig up with a little duck tape! ha ha
After the handprints dried, I took decorative ribbon and laced it through the top hole of the ornament. They ended up looking really cute and the grandparents LOVED them! (Thanks Debbie for the idea)
He was so tired after all of that, he passed out in his daddy's arms

No comments: