Saturday, December 13, 2008

Surprise SURPRISE!!!!



Thursday I had planned to go to a Science collaboration meeting with the upper intermediate and middle schools. My principal told me that there had been some concern that the elementary level was not preparing students entering 5th grade with the mastery of Science content that was expected.
Basically...she nominated ME as the spokesperson. Needless to say, I was stressed out by the time Thursday arrived. I felt for certain that my principal was "throwing me to the wolves". I had anxiety about the whole ordeal. Thoughts of 5th grade teachers upset with me, was all I could think about.
So Thursday arrived. 11:00 rolled around and I headed off to my meeting.
Upon my arrival, I discovered there was no meeting at all. I had been chosen Teacher of the Year.
I have to admit I was a little emotional. I looked up and saw Matt waiting for me at the door. Having him there meant the world to me!
We came back to the school and all the kids were lined up in the hallway. They had signs and flowers and were cheering my name!!!! Even little Barrett came up to congratulate me! I felt like a SUPER STAR!!!
I feel very honored to receive this award...although I know all of my fellow colleagues deserve it just as much as I do. Those of you that teach know that you have your "up and down" years and sometimes feel like what you do goes un-noticed. That's no longer something I believe.
On top of that...I had been praying for sign about my future. I think I just got my answer.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

You are SO deserving of this award! Way to go!!!

Jamie said...

That is SUCH great news!! I'm so happy for you!!! YAY!! I wish I could have been there.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations!!!! Megan has told me about a million times what a great teacher you are. Now the world knows :)

The Pustejovskys' said...

That's awesome! What an honor! I'm very excited for you!