Saturday, March 14, 2009

Big Boy Haircut

Although we're two months shy of being ONE year old, Matt and I came to terms with the fact that Barrett was in serious need of a haircut. I must say though, he has beautiful hair!!!
We drove downtown Wylie, where we found Wright's Barber Shop. It was a the real deal. Wooden floors, swivel chairs, and even your typical little old men were inside! It was perfect!

Barrett was such a big boy. He sat up on the little barber booster seat and held perfectly still....until the electric clippers were turned on. Overall, he did a great job. I'm sure the next cut won't be too far from now.




Side story....
You know how I mentioned that there were little, old men inside the barber shop (giving it the full effect)? Well, there was a gentleman named Raymond Cooper (founder of Cooper Jr. High School here in Wylie, TX). He stood and watched Barrett as he was getting his haircut. I noticed the man walking out of shop, but he soon returned back inside. He walked right up to Barrett and handed him a silver dollar. He told Barrett that he needed a prize for doing such a good job.

My heart melted! Not only was this a very sweet man, but he also reminded me of my grandfather, Raymond Kovar. I sure wish he was around to see Barrett now.
We will be keeping that silver dollar too. It's tucked away inside Barrett's baby book, right along side of his first curls.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Aww! He is officially a big boy! Where is the time going?

Jamie said...

oh my gosh! What a special story for him. So neat!