Tuesday, March 17, 2009

First Trip to the Zoo

Okay...for once my child isn't smiling. I don't know if he was wondering what we were about to do...or if it was the hat I placed on his head, that was bothering him. He does have a serious look on his face though, right?

We took Barrett on his first trip to the zoo Monday. We had such a fun time. The weather was amazing, and it was so nice to spend the entire day with my perfect little family.
Barrett was such a good boy. He was seriously stimulated by everything going on around him (animals, children, sounds, and smells). I can tell this trip was the beginning of many more!
This was my FAVORITE part. We bought some bird seed and entered the "bird cage" to feed all the little birds. They literally ate from the palm of our hands. Barrett thought is was hilarious! He even tried grabbing a couple of them, but luckily...they got away!

2 comments:

The Hazelwood Family said...

We HAVE to all go together this summer =)

Taren said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! That is such a cute picture with the birdie :)