Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Splash Time


Although we took our first official swim over the Memorial Day weekend, I accidentally left my camera at home and didn't get any shots.
However, Barrett managed to slip on his floaties with ease, and hit the water like a little fish. He jumped off the side of the pool AND the diving board!!!! We did have a little trouble with getting him to jump "out" (meaning...jumping farther outward). He's so use to just jumping up and straight back down, that he barely cleared the side of the pool/board. It made me a nervous wreck.
So...we practiced, and practiced (outside on the sidewalk, in the yard, and believe it or not...off the couch). He's already made some big improvements.
This past weekend we made another visit to my parent's house. I absolutely love being out in the country with Barrett. He had so much fun swimming, riding Papa's tractor, riding in Papa's trucks, checking the cattle (and seeing baby calves), playing with Dixie (mom and dad's dog), finding a baby dinosaur (horned toad), throwing rocks in the tank, and going on a Safari (that's what my daddy calls it when he takes Barrett for rides on the four-wheeler out in the pasture).
New vocabulary he picked up: pump-jack and windmill
Barrett's latest thing he will say is: "Don't worry", "Sooo cute", and "Be careful".
His little imagination is running wild.
At my parent's house, my dad has started him a little collection of John Deere tractors. You laugh...but that are Barrett's favorite thing to play with at their house. I even caught him talking to them (the tractors) when he was eating. He was telling them, "No, no tractor. This is my food. Not eat it".


Good ole cousins Kelsey and Karlee!!! They're so great with Barrett. He adores them.

Barrett stumbled upon a little horned toad too. He yelled out, "Meme, yook, it's a baby dinosaur"!!!!!

3 comments:

The Hazelwood Family said...

So stinkin' cute!

Kaci said...

I love the pics of that sweet boy of yours!!!! What a fun summer this is going to be with him!

Taren said...

Those videos and pictures are great! I would love to see our two together swimming! Let's go back to my old apartment that you snuck into :) and let them swim!! he!