Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vacation 2010


I guess you could say we embarked on a little piece of history this year by going to the Gulf Shores. Unfortunately, the oil had us beat 2 days prior to our arrival, but we didn't let that get in the way of our enjoyment.
Barrett was able to experience the beach for the first time, and I celebrated my 33rd birthday with our incredible friends, the Smiths!!!!

Here are some pictures from our time at the Gulf Shores, AL.
(Pre-haircut...I was proud of myself for letting it grow this long).

We spent a lot of time "poolside". Our beach house (pink one in the background) was steps away from one of the six pools on our resort.

Hanging out at the beach - - Barrett and I would sing the song from Nick Jr. ("Seaside") on our way to the beach every day! B caught on quickly that we were headed to the sand to collect seashells and watch all the seagulls.
This is after Barrett gave the ocean water a small "test taste". He did NOT like the flavor!
Barrett even found a precious little girlfriend at the beach. Oh wait, that is our friend, Ella Cannaday! I can't wait until they grow up and "date" (or even marry). Amanda and I will have to break out these pictures to show them. What a CUTE couple.
There was a fun little restaurant in Gulf Shores called, The Hangout. Barrett's favorite features were the Bubble Machine, little picnic tables, Limbo contest, live music, and the Balloon Man.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Ha! I love your little piece about Barrett and Ella! They were so cute together. :) So glad we got to see you all!!!

Walking Angie said...

Uh oh, don't let Sophia know she has some competition.

JaCk L3e said...

hai////im jack can u be my follower?