Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Welcome July 2010


We've managed to stay busy playing out in the sprinklers, swimming at Uncle Robert's house, and driving to Throckmorton for 4th of July festivities.
Hanging out at the Barner's house in Frisco. There is a house right next to his brother's for sell, and I would love to buy it. We would have automatic babysitters built in next door! hahaha Barrett adores his cousins.



Even on those cloudy and rainy days...you couldn't keep us inside.
"Singing in the rain...oh I'm...singing in the rain"


Of course, on those days we were stuck inside, Barrett had his new friends to play with (Woody and Buzz). He's so cute to watch. He found this flashlight and was using it as a spotlight on his little characters.
Other fun toys lately are Lighting McQueen, Tow-Mader, and Chick from CARS movie (no picture...but he carries them every where we go).

Barrett loves being outdoors, especially in the "country" (Meme and Papa's house) where he can run wild! All the open space is my child's wonderland!
Before I could even get Barrett out of his pjs...he was ready to go to the barn with Papa.
Riding on Papa's "big" tractor. Barrett refers to this tractor as the "bigger bigger tractor"!


Stomping on grasshoppers was a lot of fun (imagine that).
But picking them up and hauling them around everywhere was fun too! He wanted to bring them inside to Meme, but we had to explain that grasshoppers needed to live outside and stay outside!
Riding Papa's Mule is a blast!!!! Barrett can even tell you how to turn it on (put it in N, turn the key, let off the brake). We might have to invest in something with 4wheels on it very soon!!!! Matt is ready for a mini-motorcycle....but I think 4 wheels are much safer than two!

Fireworks at my sisters....what a blast!!! Her front yard is about 75 yards in length. At one end...we set up lawn chairs and blankets (along with homemade ice-cream, popsicles, and sparklers). At the other end, are our husbands. They are in charge of lighting all the fireworks (big ones) and putting on the show!!! Lots of fun.
Barrett didn't care much for the loud booms and pops, but snuggled up to his Meme and things weren't as bad.

3 comments:

Taren said...

I LOVE how Barrett is ALL BOY! I hope if I have one he is too...I will make him if he's not! :)

Amanda said...

I love all these pictures! I'm with Taren, he is all boy, and I love it!

Jennifer said...

I love Barrett in his boots! Too cute! He's getting so big!