Saturday, August 20, 2011

Softball and Airplanes

On our way to a Friday night "dinner out", Matt got a wild hair and surprised Barrett and I by taking us to D-Bat (an indoor batting cage). Now, most of you probably wouldn't believe me if I said I had never in my life played softball...much less, held a bat. But, it's true. I've always had a fear of something flying at my face and knocking out my teeth. Well, it was time to face my fears, and really...once I watched Matt a few times and had a few practice swings...I fell in love. Not to brag, but out of 25-30 throws...I hit almost every one of them. On top of all that...I did it all in flip-flops! haha


In the end, I realized I found a new sport in which I'm seriously considering investing some time in. Matt's work had a team put together that plays softball every Thursday night. Hmmmmm, maybe after practicing, I'll take a stand behind the plate! Who knows?!?!
I absolutely love where we live in McKinney! Less than a mile down the street is a little airport where we spend many afternoon and mornings watching planes take off, practice landing (touch and goes), and remodel older planes. Its truly an amazing sight! One afternoon, Barrett had the privilege of getting to climb inside a two-seater plane and seeing first hand all the dials and gadgets inside. Needless to say, he is all about aircraft!!!!
This morning, we sat out near the runway and watch a few planes.

No comments: