Thursday, August 11, 2011

Splash Day and Legos




I've already posted this picture, and mentioned on Facebook that I've become obsessed with Legos. It's so much like putting a puzzle together! Seriously, therapeutic.
Honestly, I always thought you just bought a big box of Legos and were suppose to get creative. Nope! Now days, they come with building instructions. I'm thinking...WOW...this is great. Not only does it reinforce creativity (for the days you don't want to follow step by step instructions), but it also teaches you how to read directions, sequence, organizing, and problem solving.
Geezzz, listen to me. Do I sound like I'm in my TEACHER frame of mode? Yep, that's what the middle of August will do to a person.
With the final product (first Lego masterpiece of 115 pieces), Barrett played with the truck for at least 3 hours straight. He also ran right to it this morning! He had to take it with him to the table for breakfast and once we got home from school, it was the first toy he wanted to play with! Whew...maybe. a. break. from. Hotwheels!!!! (Let's not jinx it).
Another SUMMER treat....Splash Day at Primrose!!! Lots of fun. He's already making so many friends. I absolutely love his teacher, and his coach!!!
Pardon the pose. I've given up on even trying to "train" him to stand still and smile at the camera.


No comments: