Thursday, January 3, 2013

Latest and Greatest

Latest news...
*Mallory came down with RSV around the arrival of her 4 month birthday.  It was crazy how fast it happened.  Since she was so young, the doctor could only suggest breathing treatments (no antibiotics or medicine).  Matt was in between jobs, so he was able to stay at home with her and nurse her back to health.  We were scared for a the first few nights because she was congested up top and had difficulty breathing.  After many prayers, she recovered and seems to be doing great!  I was ready to have my baby girl back to her "happy, energetic, self".
*Speaking of energetic...this girl is always on the move!!!!  She can hold her head up great and has even started the motion of standing on my legs (holding her own weight).  She's not a fan of lying on her back, and prefers to be sitting upright!  She twists...she turns...and can successfully roll over all by herself (back over to tummy). 
She weighs 14 pounds and is close to 28 inches long!  Yep, she is going to be a TALL girl.
*Barrett is continuing to enjoy preschool, but anxiously awaits starting Kindergarten.  He will be attending Cheatham Elementary (where I teach 4th grade), in the Allen School District.  We've thought about putting him in our neighborhood school (Frisco ISD), but feel that his going to "my school" will allow me to be able to attend some of his school events more often (since I'll be in the same building), and it will give us quality time together, before picking up baby Mallory.  I knew if I sent him to our neighborhood elementary school, that he would have to attend an after school program...hence, making it awfully late in picking him up.  I don't want to do that.  I rather have him close by. 
*My mom and sister, Brandi, came to McKinney for our annual GIRL'S Night and Twilight movie. We had dinner at Uncle Julios, had manicures and pedicures, and went to see the final showing of the Twilight series!  Lots of fun and a ton of unforgettable memories!!!  I love mom and sister so much!!!  They mean the world to me.





 

No comments: