Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back to School

Well, I'm officially back to work. Although I'm anxious to get started with a new school year and meet my new group of children, my heart breaks knowing I won't get to spend as much time with Barrett. He's growing up so fast and I can't stand the thought of missing out on the many milestones that he will achieve. I always took for granted the comment of, "They grow up fast", but now it's become an understatement.
I held a friend's baby girl the other day that was 3 weeks old / 9 lbs. She seemed so light and tiny compared to Barrett. It's crazy to think that just 3 months ago he was even smaller and weighed less.

The time I've spent with him this summer has been unforgettable. From the first time I saw him smile, to the touch of his little fingers wrapped around my own, has been the most amazing thing.
I feelings of being a parent are truly indescribable. I love him so much.

1 comment:

Dewawn Wiest said...

I definitely feel your pain! Every summer since Braelyn was born has been the same way. I look forward to teaching a new bunch of students, but I miss Braelyn every day! It will make your evenings and weekends THAT much more special. :o)