Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gym Class

Thanks to Taren, Matt and I decided to let Barrett participate in a class at ASI Gymnastics this weekend. Taren had mentioned that Camdyn was going to attend, so we felt safe that Barrett would know a familiar face...and that we (Matt and I) might learn a few things to challenge Barrett at home.
As we showed up, we realized Cam was the ONLY face! Thank goodness he had his little girlfriend there to make him feel welcome.
The two babies have really started to notice one another. I think they spent more time watching each other (or reaching for one another) than actually paying attention to the "instructor".
I didn't really know what to expect from the class and I'm still trying to decided if I want to continue going every Saturday...or wait until Barrett is a few months older to start paying for classes.
The BEST part about the whole thing is that I sat there soaking up all the things the instructor was doing. Matt laughed when we got into the car. He knew I was bound and determined to get home immedicately and start making my own "educational" flashcards and games.
I guess being a teacher you learn to steal ideas. ha ha The person I feel sorry for is Sherry. I'll be giving her so many things to start doing with the babies...that she is SURE to think I'm crazy!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How fun! What did they do in this class? Maybe Miss Ella will join in the fun next time with her friends!:)