Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday

We've turned ONE! Can you believe it?

Here is a recap of the day...
For his first birthday, we had a small party for him at the house. As luck would have it, it rained outside and we had to move on to plan B...but I wasn't going to let it ruin our day.

Barrett had a great time, and was in a spectacular mood. I thought he would hit the sack early on, but he was a 100% party animal (in which we paid for in full price the following day).
Saturday afternoon, Matt and I left him with an old student of mine while we attended my sister-in-law's surprise 40th birthday party. Allie (the babysitter) has two dogs and that was all it took for Barrett to stayed entertained!!!! We came back to pick him up around 11:00 and Allie told me that he had only been asleep for about 15 minutes! WHAT?!?!?!
Needless to say, Barrett had a hang over the next day. His nose was running, eyes were watering, and he wouldn't take a nap Sunday. Maybe he was just irritated with the fact that it was no longer considered his birthday. Who knows?!?!
We're not quiet sure if he had allergies or if he was just coming down with a cold...but gradually, we've gotten over it.
We ended up with a lot of gifts, including toys, clothes, shoes (boots and crocks), books, back-packs, sippy cups, and even money! Boy what fun!!!
The "set up" - Theme: Farm Party
Barrett's PERSONAL cake - Yummy chocolate!!!

I'm not saying he is two in this picture. I'm actually "counting off" before we started singing happy birthday.
He got thirsty after trying the cake.
Time to sit in his chair and get busy opening gifts.

Okay...this is funny. I thought I had caught him playing with a new toy, but instead I caught him in the act of playing with Taren's TOES!!!! It's okay. I know she has clean feet.

New train!!!
New fire truck that makes all kinds of cool noises!
Remember me telling you that he didn't sleep well all night? This picture was taken at 4:30 AM Sunday morning!!! He refused to go back to sleep. I should have taken a picture of the CLOCK instead!!!
Barrett, Aunt Jennifer, and mama of the birthday boy!

New boots! I think we're ready for our first rodeo!!

4 comments:

The Pustejovskys' said...

Looks like he had a great day! Too excited to sleep? The years just fly by......

Dewawn Wiest said...

Looks like y'all had a lot of fun. I can't believe he's already one!

The Hazelwood Family said...

Glad you guys had a great b-day...I'm sad we weren't there!

Amanda said...

We had so much fun! You did a great job on the party and we were so glad to get to see you all. :)