Saturday, May 30, 2009

Water Time


We took Barrett to a swimming class this weekend to see if it would be something we would like to do this summer.
I really can't explain his reaction to what he thought about it. He wasn't scared, he wasn't cranky, he didn't even panic, however...he didn't smile, splash like he normally does in our bathtub at home, or even show much excitement. I guess the best word to describe his behavior today is SKEPTICAL. He noticed that it was a much bigger body of water, and there were a lot of kids and parents there in the "big tub" with him.
The good thing about it was that he participated in the songs and overall was a great sport! I'm proud of him.
We'll probably start classes this summer and I'm hoping he will get adjusted a little more to going under water, taking a breath of air, and learning a few correct techniques of becoming a beginner swimmer. I don't expect for my child to be swimming, much less floating on his own. I just want him to be comfortable and confident in a big body of water.
If anything, it will give Barrett and I a special "play date" for the summer weekdays.
Sorry about the pictures. They aren't very clear. The lighting inside the place wasn't very good.

1 comment:

Megan said...

How fun!! Barrett, I am so proud of you!