Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend


This weekend was my very first Mother's Day, and it was fabulous. The morning began with Matt letting me sleep in, and Barrett was even cooperative by sleeping in himself until 7:45! Once he started babbling into the monitor, I couldn't help but get up and greet him! He's my little ray of sunshine.
We actually spent the day just hanging out. Matt and Barrett gave me a beautiful Mother's Day card, along with a gift certificate to Massage Envy! Getting a massage is one of my favorite things, and since I've just started a new workout program, I could really use it!
After Barrett's mid-morning nap, we decided to take a little drive around the "country" side of Wylie. We ended up in Rockwall, where we ate a late lunch and then shopped for patio furniture.
While we were out, we bought Barrett his first pair of tennis shoes. They are so cute, but MAN...this kid is already wearing a size 7! Can you imagine what he will be wearing by the time he hits his teenage growth spurt. Yikes!!!!
He's walking all over the place, however the shoes made things a little bit more complicated. I guess he is use to gripping the floor for balance with his little toes. The shoes stopped his ability from doing that, but not for long. I'm telling you, this guy wants to run. His body just can't keep up with his legs just yet!
Here is a picture of his new shoes. Just after the shot, he stumbled and fell....face first into the side table by our couch. Poor guy. He had a little bruise on his forehead, but he wasn't going to let it stop him! Keep up the good work Barrett!!!! Mama loves you.

4 comments:

Kaci said...

I love the pic with the bowl on his head...LOVE IT! He is precious! Good seeing you yesterday!

Jamie said...

KAH-UTE shoes!! I love it!

Amanda said...

Glad you had a good Mother's Day! Man, size 7? He is such a big boy. :) We can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

The Pustejovskys' said...

Barrett is adorable! He is growing up so fast! Glad you had a great 1st Mother's Day!