Sunday, July 26, 2009

Broken Bow, OK


Wow! What a beautiful place! I had never even heard of Broken Bow, OK until Matt came home with a plan to take us there for our summer vacation.
We rented a little cabin that was tucked away in pine trees of the forest, and might I mention...on top of STEEP incline. They warned us about needing a 4x4 vehicle to climb the terrain, but for some reason, I thought we could "wing it". We barely made it to our cabin, and once we were there, we were scared to leave!
Luckily, we were able to make it in and out (long enough to go site-seeing during the day, take a train ride, shop, and run some necessary errands...like buying Barrett more milk and some Neosporen), but we didn't make it a habit to continue leaving the cabin.
I could go on and on about how gorgeous the scenery is. It's breath taking, and seeing every bit of nature makes me realize how wonderful our God is. I know he is everywhere, but I could truly feel his presence as I looked around at all of his creations! Ahhhhh

Okay, now let's get to little Barrett. What a big boy! He loved this trip and found so many things appealing.
*Rocks, rocks, rocks!!! We've started collecting them. He won't let me take them away from him, and I thought we were going to have to let him take them to bed.

*Climbing! Literally 10 minutes after we got settled into the cabin, Barrett decided he wanted to climb up and down the steps on the back porch/deck area. Needless to say, he fell forward (face first) and scraped up his forehead and nose. We have a nice scab that looks like a huge red booger! He's also mastered climbing on the furniture, fireplace, and coffee tables.

*Hard wood floors - Loves running back and forth on the floor. I think he can grip his little toes better, plus he enjoys hearing the pitter-patter of his own feet!

Barrett was such a trooper on the drive up there and back. Just hanging out with my little family of three was so much fun. It was something we needed and many memories were made.
Our very first TRAIN ride!!! Barrett was very serious about the entire ride!!!



I thought I had only one coon on my hands until I got to the cabin and realized I had TWO!
Just a few things that we suggest if you're heading that way...hahaha
4x4 truck
First Aid Kit
salt and pepper
hiking shoes (ditch the flip flops)
Other than that, the cabin had everything we needed! It was perfect!!!

2 comments:

Dewawn Wiest said...

Looks like y'all had a good time. I can't wait to take my little family on vacation! Of course, it won't be this summer. :o)

Amanda said...

How fun! Glad you all got to get away together. Looks like somewhere we would love to go sometime! :) Poor Barrett and his scraped head...I'm sure he was ready for more soon after though. Ha!