Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Red Koolaid

Oh my! I should have know this would be coming, but we've had our first really, big, bad, nasty stain on the living room carpet. It's all my fault (I must admit). I should have known better than to sit my glass of RED Koolaid on the side table next to our couch. Barrett was 5 minutes from heading to bed, when his curiosity got the best of him. He reached right up on his tippy toes and pulled the glass forward to see what was inside. Sure enough.........SPLAT / SPLASH....all over him and the carpet.
I don't have pictures, but trust me, it's there (although much lighter in color...a nice shade of pink). I've tried everything, and it's not coming out.

Here's the humor in it all.
The morning after the spill, I looked down at his legs. I noticed there were little red speckles all over his legs. My immediate reaction was, "Oh man, this kid is coming down with a rash or something!" Then it dawned on my that I hadn't really cleaned him up after he tipped over the glass. I had changed his clothes and washed off his upper body...but apparently the Koolaid had spilled onto his legs and stained them up a bit! ha ha
After a little soap and water, he was nice and clean. Too bad the carpet wasn't.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh no! Red is never good. So funny that you thought he had a rash. (well, only because he didn't actually have one!) :)

Kristin said...

What a bummer, Amy!

I've heard that hydrogen peroxide is amazing...might be worth giving it a shot if you haven't tried it yet.