Wednesday, August 5, 2009

News FLASH!!!!!

Well, the inevitable has happened. First thing this morning, we heard Barrett whimpering through the monitor. He never wakes up crying, so my first thought was that his leg or arm was caught between the slats (huge fear since our friend Camdyn experienced this...and the fact that Barrett usually has a leg or foot hanging through anyway).
Matt and I immediately jumped out of bed and ran to Barrett's room, only to find him STANDING on the floor next to his crib.
By this time, he wasn't crying, but seemed a little disoriented.
We couldn't help but laugh because he had managed to make it out safely with the pacifier and his batman pajamas all in tack!

Ya know, I sure wasn't ready for the toddler bed yet...but I guess it's ready for me!

My guess is that he was doing something similar to this on the other side...although I don't know what he used to launch himself over the top.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Doesn't surprise me though since he is already 5 ft. tall! Ha! :) Glad is he okay...sweet Barrett!

Oh, and advice for the paci...cold turkey has worked great for us! Some people cut the end, but sometimes your little one will get used to that and somewhat like it. Depends on the baby!?!?

Dewawn Wiest said...

LOL! That is SOOOOO funny! I am happy to see that he made it out safely, though. :o)

Megan said...

OH MY!!! I can just picture him standing there wondering what on earth just happened!!

He and Hayden are going to be dangerous together! I can already tell! ;-)

The Pustejovskys' said...

wow! Kadence doesn't even try to climb at all. Barrett is a dare devil! Good Luck with the toddler bed. I have had friends that had their child get out of the crib and then never do it again.

Jennifer said...

Seriously, it must be because he had those PJ's on! How cute! I am cracking up! Landree did this one time and we just told her not to do it again. Would that work for Barrett? She did transition well to the toddler bed-I hope Barrett will too!