Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Cool and School...



Saturday, Matt and I took Barrett to a nice spray park (thanks Amanda for the idea) in Allen. I was so impressed with the place, that I took Barrett back there on Monday with my friend Debbie and her son Caiden. It was a nice two days to cool off from this Texas heat!!! Plus, I felt like Barrett deserved a small reward for being such a big boy at his school.

We provided a little picnic for the boys since they don't eat very well at school. You can bet they were hungry!!!


School Update:
We've had pretty good successes with leaving Barrett at schoolthis week, but it seems like he is really catching on to the fact that this is a long term thing. This morning was the worst. I literally wanted to go back, pick him up, and quit school. It took everything I had in me not to turn around and go back inside until he was calmed down.
It's okay though. I know he would have done this wherever I had left him. We've just been best buddies all summer long and he's not happy about the separation between us.
It's a big step for him. He is having to follow schedules, structured times, new foods, and he is still warming up to his friends and teachers.
On a good note, I've noticed him really happy in the afternoons. One day the teachers were blowing bubbles and Barrett was right in the mix of all the kids chasing after them. Another day, I caught him playing on the floor with trucks, and today they all had just finished smearing Cool Whip (little scribble activity) all over the baby table (kind of like we do with Shaving cream at school). He loved that! Matter of fact, he didn't even notice me when I walked in the room.
Tomorrow is pj/movie day. Ummmmm, I wonder what he will get to watch.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the spray park pictures! he looks like he is having a blast. :)

In a few weeks B won't even think twice about going into his class. He will have lots of little friends and feel right at home. Hang in there friend...I will be praying for you all.

Spamp said...

Where are you taking him?

Breeslovedones said...

The park is always so fun and I am so glad he loves his class!!!