Friday, August 28, 2009

School and Firetrucks

School update:
This week was so much better than last. Matt and I decided that Barrett might transition better if Matt were in charge of dropping him off. I've started saying my goodbyes at the house, and Matt is responsible for taking him to school.
After Monday, Barrett became less and less upset about me leaving. Same thing with Matt leaving him at school. Monday he cried a little, but by the time Matt checked out at the front office and peeped into the window of Barrett's classroom (yes...they know us a being stalkers), B had quit crying and was eating his breakfast at the table.
By Friday, Barrett didn't even cry when I left the house, and at school, Matt said he made a face and tried to fake cry, but when out of sight, Barrett turned back into our happy little boy!
Each day Ms. Amber would give me a thumbs up upon my arrive at the door! That's a great feeling, especially when she told me that he was laughing and playing with the other kids!!!
I doubt you can really see it, but here is his first report card from this week and his cuddle gram from Friday.
And you know where the classwork is going to go, right? Yep, it's already up on the refrigerator! ha ha


Barrett has a book with all types of trucks, tractors, and bulldozers. In our neighborhood, there is a huge excavator (I refer to it as a bulldozer because it is that yellow color), and every time we go strolling, Barrett yells out, "bull doze". We've also seen tractors and love them. Papa Barrett, Grandad Shepard, and the man across the street from us, all have tractors for Barrett to see up close.
Lately however, he has been noticing fire trucks and ambulances. With that being said, I thought he might like to visit a fire station. Caiden, Rowen, and Addie all came along too. It was fun seeing them interact with one another. All three friends tried to take care of Barrett by holding his hand or helping him up and down the steps. They were all so cute exploring the fire station and trucks inside.

Debbie and I heard the best news too. The firemen suggested having birthday parties at the station. What a GREAT idea!!!!


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness, I love the picture of him standing on the front of the fire truck. He looks so big! I am so glad he is adjusting better at school. Looks like they get to do a lot of neat things...can't wait until Ella starts Mother's Day Out to start all those fun things!