Wednesday, July 15, 2009

A Little of This and a Little of That

Due to the fact that I was in the water the majority of the time over the 4th of July, I didn't get a chance to take many pictures. So when I was downloading some of the pictures off my camera, I realized, "oops" there were a few snapshots of Barrett. I guess my mom or Matt might have taken them.

We spent the 4th of July weekend in Throckmorton, but I'm sad to say that Barrett didn't get to see any fireworks, due to the fact that the show was rained out. He did however get to see them on t.v. and it was hilarious watching him point, saying, "Ooooh, Whoooa, Ahhhhh". He did that repetitively.

My sister and nieces came to stay with us for a couple of nights. Our mission...update scrapbooks! I didn't think we would accomplish much, but having my two nieces to entertain Barrett worked out wonderfully! I'm beginning to think I need to adopt the two of them, or hurry up and have more kids of my own! Kelsey and Karlee were great with him and he adores all the attention. Best of all, (after they left) he took two naps (both being about 2 hours long).


We've been saying a few new words that I just love listening too.
cheese (which he loves to say and eat)
bath (occasionally we get that second syllable of "tub" in there)
side (for "outside")
ite (light)
shoes
(speaking of shoes...I love these in this picture. We were heading off to church and I thought he looked so cute)

I have a calendar on the inner part of my pantry door, and when I open it, Barrett points and makes the horsey sound. I love it. He can't say horse, but he sure wants to.
He can also make animal sounds for: cow, duck, tiger, dog, and monkey.

The summer is so hot and I'm beginning to feel kind of cooped up in the house. Although I love getting out in the pool with Barrett, I feel like I need to take him to somewhere to get all his energy out. I think we might start hanging out at Chick-fil-A or the mall at one of those little kiddie playgrounds. I'll probably be following Barrett around with my sanitizer though.

We're heading out to Broken Bow, Oklahoma next weekend to stay at a beautiful cabin. The pictures of it look amazing and as far as I know, we're going to be tucked away all by ourselves surrounded by beautiful scenery. The temperature is suppose to be in the mid-80s. We're testing it out as a family this time, but soon, Matt and I might have to take a vacation for ourselves!!! I can't wait.

2 comments:

Megan said...

AWWW!! I love that last picture of Barrett!! He is such cutie!!!! I can't wait to see him on Friday and hear all his new sounds and words!!

Amanda said...

Fun, fun! YES, you do need to have another one soon. :)