Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Dr. Barner

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever, so here is a quick update...
Barrett played, "Dr. Barner" for the Baby Bash last week. It was fun to get together and see all of his girl friends.
He sure misses his friend Camdyn. I even caught a sweet picture of the two of them together (like the old days at Ms. Sherry's). You can tell they remember each other.
(Last year at Ms. Sherry's house)

I've waited two weeks to announce (mainly because I was afraid I would jinx it), that we have stopped using a pacifier. We don't even use it at night! Believe it or not, it was pretty easy for us. One day I decided that I would try cutting off the end of it (the sucker part). I walked right into the kitchen, grabbed the scissors, and chopped off the end.
Later that evening when he started begging for his paci, I handed the broken one to him. You should seen the expression on his face!!! He looked at me like, "What happened to this thing?"

I just told him that it was broken and made a sad face. He tried sucking it, turning it in every direction possible, then ended up ditching it. That same night, I handed him the broken pacifier and he just messed with the plastic part (mainly wanting something to hold). Within a day or two, he quick even looking for it, and as long as I didn't offer it to him, he was okay.
Knowing that he likes to fidget with things while trying to go to sleep, I replaced the broken paci with a little stuffed puppy. Now he takes "Puppy" in one hand and a Hot Wheel car in the other (oh my gosh the Hot Wheels we've collected) and he's pretty much down for the count.
Whew! I lucked out on that transition.

We went home to Throckmorton over the weekend. I was anxious to visit my family (sister's family and my parents). I haven't been home in two months, so I was very excited to see everyone.
Barrett got his first ride on the big John Deere tractor, rode Papa's four wheeler with him (he even let Barrett drive), helped feed the "moo cows", and even ate some of Meme's home cooked meals.
I didn't get any pictures, but that's okay. We're heading back to Throckmorton for family pictures, and I'll try to grab a few shots of Barrett in action while we are there.

3 comments:

Taren said...

That is so funny about the paci...I can picture his face wondering what in the world happened to the end of it! I might have to try that when we officially decide to get rid of it. It is back in her possession at night now since she got sick!

Jamie said...

I'll have to remember the paci trick. Cute pic of Cam and Dr. Barner!

Amanda said...

Way to go with the paci, Amy! See, it wasn't that bad. :)