Monday, October 12, 2009

Infected Family!!!

Man! What a rough week we had. It all started Monday morning when our little guy woke up with puffy, swollen, eyes. I was for sure preschool would probably turn us into CPS because it looked like Barrett had a black eye. I thought it was allergies. By 3:30 that afternoon, his eyes had dark red circles around them and a thick discharge seeping out of the corners (gross and sad). Poor little baby kept rubbing them, but maintained a huge smile and lovable attitude as I shipped him off to the doctor (visit #1). Yep, it was pink eye, in both eyes!!!!
*Don't even get me started on the horrible pharmacy issues I had waiting around on prescriptions to be filled. Long story short, I hung around with a 16 month old (who looked horrible might I add) for over 1 1/2 hours! Ridiculous!!!)
The following morning (when it seemed to be the worse), his eyes were completely swollen shut (or should I say stuck). It was heartbreaking. He was trying to open them, and couldn't. Talk about making a mommy cry!!!!
Luckily, the pink eye didn't last but a day. Once we applied the eye drops a few times, he was all cleared up (Tuesday afternoon).
Thursday rolled around, and BAM...Barrett woke up running temperature at a low grade. Well, you all know me. What did I do???? FREAK OUT MODE! All I could think was FLU! I stayed home Barrett and we spent the majority of the day snuggling, sleeping, and reading books. Since I had parent conferences that afternoon, Matt took over the evening shift, and when I got home....BOTH BOYS were running a temperature. Matt has some type of upper respiratory infection and Barrett's temp. was up to 103!
The fever continued over night, so Friday morning we set up a doctor's appointment (visit #2) to get Barrett tested, and Matt stayed home to rest as well.
God is great! The doctor said it was just a viral infection and by the afternoon, Barrett's fever was down and he was back to normal.
Matt on the other hand, has a major sinus infection, and Friday I lost my voice! My throat felt (still feels) like it is on fire, and I have coughing fits...but other than that, I feel okay.
Can someone say, "Get out the Clorox wipes and Lysol the entire house?"
Trust me! I did just that over the weekend. I've washed sheets, pillows, blankets, cushions, rugs, and used Lysol on so many things, the fumes only could possibly knock you down!

I hope this upcoming week is better!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh my goodness!! I am so sorry ya'll have had all this sickness! Poor Barrett! I can't imagine the eyes being "stuck" shut! I hope ya'll are all feeling better!! Hope to see you guys soon!

The Pustejovskys' said...

Poor guy! oh and Matt too!ha! Sorry you are all sick. It's no fun! Unless you count the snuggling! Hope everyone gets better. Just wait till you have 2 and have to seclude one from the other. It's lots of fun!

Amanda said...

Oh no! Sorry you were all sick. Makes me sad thinking about poor B's eyes being "stuck"!!! Zach tested positive for the flu today, so we are praying we Ella and I don't get it!