Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkins and Hay Ride

What a busy weekend. Saturday morning, I participated in the Race for the Cure with my friend Angie. It was awesome. Not only was it inspirational, but it has motivated it me to train a little harder. I want to try and run in a couple of 5Ks near future, and if I set my sights really high, I can try a 1/2 marathon (if my knees hold up). It might be a long shot, but it's worth a try.
This is a bummer, but after the race, I began backing up in my car and the vehicle right behind me didn't see me backing up. The next thing you know, we hit and all I heard was the crushing of metal. Ughhh Really, no one was at fault, but it made me sick. I love my car. Too bad I wasn't in the old PT Cruiser.
This is Barrett's attire on Friday night as we went for a late night Sonic run to get Mommy a vanilla diet Dr. Pepper -yummy!!!

Saturday afternoon, we took Barrett to a pumpkin hunt (kind of like an Easter egg hunt, but instead you hunt baby pumpkins). It was chilly, but fun. Once Barrett found a pumpkin, all he cared about doing was running around in the open space.

Debbie and Caiden met us there and joined us on the hay ride. The boys were fascinated by the big blue tractor and the feel of the hay! Barrett thought he was an animal and tried eating what he pulled out of bail. Since that didn't work, he thought he would try the stem off the pumpkin.
Come to find out (after inspecting his mouth today) he's cutting teeth like crazy. I guess that explains the never ending running nose and desire to chew on things lately.
Caiden cracked us all up. The entire time we were on the hay ride, he was singing the song, "Take her for a ride on my big, green tractor". It's a country song, and Caiden knows every single word. He kept us all entertained since there wasn't a live band.


Sunday, we shopped for shoes (Barrett's already in a size 8), and got another hair cut. This time he did really well. We gave him a sucker and didn't hear a peep out of him the whole time. That sucker seems to do the trick!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

What precious pictures! I'm so sorry to hear about your car! That stinks! I hope it wasn't too much damage. Let me know when you want to get together. I would love that!

Taren said...

He looks so grown up! I left a message about your comment on my own blog...Our pediatrician said that as long as they do not have it in their mouth all day that there is no need to get rid of it(he's been a pediatrician for over 25 years now!) so no worries!