Friday, January 29, 2010

Closing out January


Okay, I feel like I haven't in a long time. I know it's been over a week or so because I seriously almost forgot my password to blogspot.
The past two weeks for me have been full of sicknesses. All three of us had a case of the stomach bug. Barrett has had a never ending cold, so I finally broke down and took him into the doctor to find out he had an ear ache. Good new...we got meds to help it all. Finally we're clearing up, and I think I've made it several days without have to really chase him around with a Kleenex!
This past weekend, I had my first migraine headache. It started at 2:00am Sunday morning and didn't leave until Monday afternoon. I literally thought I was going to die (and everyone else thought I was pregnant).
To all of my friends that experience migraines frequently, I don't know how you do it (Taren). Bless your heart. I wouldn't wish a headache that bad on my worst enemy!!!
Barrett is growing and growing. Everyone seems to think B is much older than he really is. I guess I should expect that, given that he has too tall parents.
He's not only growing in height, but also growing in all aspects of life.
He tells us when he is ready for bed, is starting to talk a lot more, sings, dances, and has started to pout on a regular basis when he doesn't get his way. He will stick his bottom lip out as far as it will go and lower his head. He's even beginning to tell us when he has to go poo-poo. Of course, the last time he told us that, he was in the bath tub and we couldn't get him out fast enough.
Yep, you guess it. Floaters again, and this time...he got mad because we would let him stay in the bath and play with them!!!!
Barrett's favorite shape! I love hearing him say,"SSSARRRR"
This is why we wake up late. Barrett has figured out how to turn on the alarm radio and sneaks into our room a lot. He always ends up resetting the alarm or turning it off.

In training with mommy!

Last but not least, I decided to challenge myself to run in the upcoming Cowtown Marathon. No.....don't worry. I'm not actually running a marathon, but I do plan on working my way up to running one eventually. I'm just going to start with a 6K. My goal is.....DO NOT COME IN LAST! ha I don't care about placing or winning any type of award, but I do want to run all 6.2 miles and say that I accomplished it. Wish me luck. I hope I don't get trampled.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the pictures of sweet Barrett! He does look older than he is for sure. :) Sorry you all have been sick! Can't wait to see you next weekend!!!

Megan said...

Sweet Barrett...you are getting so big!! I love the pic in the swing!

I am sorry you guys have been sick. So sad!

And running in the Cowtown! You go girl!! I am so proud of you!

Jamie said...

The part about wanting to play in the bathtub with the floaties had me cracking up! I'm sure we will be in the same situation one day.

Love those rain boots. Too cute!

Glad you guys are feeling better!

Good luck with your run! You go girl!