Sunday, March 14, 2010

Zoo Time

It's crazy how fast Barrett has grown up. The first time we visited the zoo, B couldn't walk, and honestly, I don't think he really understand the concept of which animals were what...nor did he really care.
This year, it was a whole different story. He knew almost all the animals and loved watching their every move. He loved crawling up on the fences / cages (which made me a little nervous), and when he kissed the glass of the turtle's viewing area...it was all I could do to keep from sanitizing his mouth (with what...I don't know). But, I realize he is ALL BOY and a little dirt/germs won't hurt!
Loved, loved, loved, our trip to the zoo. It was great weather and the fact that we were able to meet up with Meme and Papa Barrett was even better. We just might have to invest in getting season passes.


Feeding the birds was one of our favorite moments. Barrett had a little stick with bird seeds on it, and as you can see, he was thrilled to feed the birds.
Shortly after I took these pictures, Barrett decided to try a little bird seed for himself. He literally stuck the stick into his mouth like it was a sucker.
(I was kind of hoping that he would fly this morning...but it didn't happen). ha ha


1 comment:

Megan said...

Love this post! Looks like Barrett was loving him some Papa Barrett and Papa Barrett was loving him some Barrett!! Priceless! I was thinking about a trip to the zoo for Hayden, but I am guessing like you said, he wouldn't really know what was going on.

Hope ya'll are having a great break!