Saturday, April 10, 2010

Easter Fun 2010

Some of you know that we travel over to Carrollton-Farmer's Branch to attend church. We've been going there for about 7 years now. Although it's a long drive, we can't imagine our lives without FBCC!!!!
Farmer's Branch area is gorgeous. Our church had their annual Easter egg hunt at the historical park and it was beautiful. We had bounce houses, egg hunts, live music, food (picnic style) and lots of running room for the children. To top it all off, Barrett's Papa and Gramsey and his Meme and Papa Barrett, were there to join in on all the fun.
After the egg hunt, we all drove back over to our house in Wylie. As an early birthday present, Papa gave Barrett his second pair of cowboy boots. The first pair he had no longer fit (although Barrett doesn't mind squeezing his feet inside of them). My dad wants to carry on the tradition of giving Barrett a new pair of boots for each of his birthdays. They're perfect. Of course (just like the last pair) he wants to wear them all the time!!!! Thanks Papa.
Saturday afternoon, we were joined by my sister, brother-in-law, and nieces, Karlee and Kelsey. They all stayed the night with us and attended church services with us on Easter Sunday! It was a fun-packed weekend!!!
God has certainly blessed me in so many ways.
This is Barrett doing a little painting on Saturday afternoon. He actually did a really good job, until my sister showed him how to drop the paintbrush and just use his finger to paint! ha ha Thanks Brandi. I'm still cleaning up little fingerprints off the floor, the cabinets, and walls of my house!
Last but not least, I had Barrett dressed up so nice. He had a starched, crisp, white shirt (tucked in neatly at one point in time), with loafers, khakis, and gel combed in his hair. That all lasted about 5 minutes (and I'm NOT kidding). Once he got out of the car and out of my arms, he took off running. There happened to be some ducks in the grassy area around the church and he was seriously ready to capture them! My little boy won't stay still long enough for me to get a sweet picture, so I tried my best to get one of him while he was on the move!!!!
Most of the pictures turned out like from Sunday morning.

2 comments:

Kaci said...

I love his tie! He's getting so big Amy.

Amanda said...

Look how stinkin' cute he is in his tie!!! I love it! I can hardly get a good pic of Ella these days too. She would rather be on the go like Big B! :)