Monday, April 26, 2010

Memories

A couple of stories I want to remember:

I had preheated the oven to cook dinner one night, and while waiting for it to heat up, I heard Barrett yelling, "I see M, I see M". He continued to say it until I met him in the kitchen. He was standing in front of the oven door with his face smashed up against it. Inside, the coils were illuminated the bright color orange and he could see the letter M within them.

I took Barrett out to the mall with me to run a few errands. I had just picked him up from school and he was wearing his typical play clothes. As we were walking through Dillards, he stopped and acted like he was trying to find a place to put his little red car that he was holding in his hand. He said, "Oh no, I need pockets. I need pockets".

Who would have ever thought that little, tiny kernels of corn could be so much fun. Yes, you guessed it...Barrett loves his corn. Lately though, he is more interested in sticking the kernels in his nose, ears, and dropping them one by one down inside his shirt (especially at restaurants or when we're out in public). Ahhhhh, corn is our friend, and yet our enemy too.

Matt takes Barrett for rides in his truck almost daily. We know we're not suppose to let him ride in the seat like a big boy, but Barrett loves being "car seat-less". He sits up tall (or stands up) in the front seat while Matt makes the block around our neighborhood.

Barrett has also become quiet the little SHADOW of Matt. He follows him around almost everywhere and the are truly the best of buddies.
Matt was working on his mountain bike the other day and Barrett tipped over his little riding train, grabbed a screwdriver out of Matt's toolbox, and began working on the wheels of the train. Priceless!
Mowing with Daddy was an interest this weekend. I thought he might be afraid of the mower, but he wasn't. He realized he had a mower and worked along side Matt the entire time they were outside.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

LOVE these stories! He is such a cutie! Can't believe out babies are growing so fast!!!

Megan said...

I love the stories!!! Priceless! Keep em' coming! And those mowing pictures!! So stinkin' cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaci said...

Great stories! My dad lets Kade "drive" in the pasture and he thinks he is SO big! Why are our babies growing up so fast???

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

Haven't peeked in at the Barner Bunch in a while. So fun to see how much your little guy has grown! He is SO. CUTE.

p.s. we have the same toy mower and Jonah STILL shadows Michael around the yard with it (at age 4). Little boys love their Daddys!