Thursday, April 1, 2010

Progress

Wow...what progress Barrett has been making at school. I'm so pleased with our decision to put him into a private daycare this year.
He started in the "Todds" class, where the kids have to adjust to the school's schedule. I worried about this at first, but Barrett has his routine down perfectly. He's even manage to make quiet a few friends (Wyatt being his best) and Ma-sis-son (Madison) his little girlfriend.
Just this week, he was promoted to the "Two's" class. It is a lot more structured than his other class (more work), but he seems to be doing well. He kind of favors his old teacher, Ms. Amber and Ms. Coty, so every morning we have to leave him with one of them (and Wyatt), then they walk him down to his new classroom.


He has learned sign language for all of his colors, and for words such as please, thank you, more, and smart. It's funny because the first time I saw him giving me the sign for "more" I thought something might have been wrong with his hands. Matt and I had to look it up on the Internet and teach ourselves what the common signs meant. ha ha Now I know how all those dual language parents feel doing homework with their kids!
The best news is that they are potty training!!!! Yesterday afternoon we were at home and I noticed Barrett in his "poo-poo stance" (all you parents know which stance I'm talking about). Well, I asked him if he needed to poo-poo and he told me yes. I rushed him to his potty and he actually went (both). The sweetest thing was that he accidentally shot tee-tee across the floor. I heard him say, "Ohhhhh noooooo".
Hey, who cares at this point! I'm just happy he's showing some success!
This week: March 29-April 2
**Barrett had his first Easter egg hunt and party. I was so sad I missed it, but his teachers said he had a great time. I could tell too, by the stained little shirt he was wearing! He had definitely had his share of cake, punch, cookies, and probably a handful of jellybeans!!!! I don't know that I'll ever get that shirt clean.

**Barrett was promoted at school to the TWO year old class.
**I got a new Dyson vacuum cleaner too! Hooray!!! I'm super excited. I want to vacuum all the time now!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Way to go B!!!!!!!!!!!!! Poo Poo in the POTTY!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

And PP on the WALL! HA HA HA! That is too funny! I know, my time is coming!

He looks so big looking at that book. I can't wait to see him!! (and ya'll too!)

The Hazelwood Family said...

Dang girl...how'd I miss all that this week? Maybe cause I was in bed by 7 each night! I am so proud of B!!! And, so happy you guys are at peace with the decision to move B to a "school." I know he LOVES it =)

Amanda said...

Way to go Barrett!!!!!! I am impressed. :) Wish someone would come potty train Ella for me. :(

hxr said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.