Wednesday, May 12, 2010

School Pictures 2010

CL!X Portrait Studios came to Cornerstone to take student pictures back in the fall, but Barrett wanted NOTHING to do with them. I think the comment made by the teacher was, "He wouldn't even get near the prop and ran in the opposite direction of where the kids were lined up."
Well, never give up. CL!X came back this Spring, and I was ready for Barrett's opportunity to SMILE big for the camera. I had him dressed up so nicely and even combed his hair perfectly. Guess what....no pictures again. Matter of fact, his teacher stated that, "He acted as if the camera man was going to eat him! He cried, turned red in the face, and refused to sit and take his picture."
I decided it was time for a little coaching. Luckily, the were going to be taking pictures for 2 days at his school. I was bound and determined to get some portraits. I talked to Barrett about how pictures were fun, and that mommy really wanted to see him smile. We practiced saying, "cheese", and I repeatedly asked him over and over, "Tommorrow, you're going to take a picture for Mommy, right?"
His answer, "Yes".
Round #2. The next morning I continued with my coaching and this time, he was saying, "No pictures".
Oh well I thought. I'll just wait and take him to a studio this summer. I threw on an outfit, but didn't bother to coordinate his shoes or even comb his hair with gel.
That afternoon, I picked him up from school and my precious little boy had taken the cutest pictures for his mommy!!!! Good job Barrett. He looks so old. I can't get over how my "baby" isn't a "baby" anymore!
I love you Barrett!!!!!

3 comments:

The Pustejovskys' said...

How cute! Are those real rabbits?

Kaci said...

A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E

Megan said...

Oh Amy...these turned out GREAT!! Non-matching shoes? Whatever...I think they look awesome!