Wednesday, August 22, 2012

One Week with Mallory Brook

Here's to our first week with Miss Mallory Brook!  What a ray of sunshine she is. 
This week, we've spent a lot of time hugging, kissing, and playing dress up with our baby girl, while big brother Barrett entertains with puppet shows, singing to Mallory, and helping with diaper changes and feeding!!!  He really is a big help!!!  I've always needed an "extra pair of hands" to get a wipe, throw away a diaper, grab a burp cloth, take the lid off a bottle, or bring me a pacifier.  What do ya know....I have that now!!!!
At Mallory's one week check up, she had gained 8 ounces!!!  Wow!  Even the doctor was impressed.
I'm so blessed and look forward to the next few weeks I have with her before going back to school. 

Barrett starts back to school next week.  I'm going to miss him so much, but I know (especially with all the time I'm devoting to Mallory as a newborn) that he needs this opportunity to get his energy out, learn, play, and socialize with his friends!!!
I'm even in the process of signing him up for t-ball!!!! 

 









No comments: