Friday, August 17, 2012

Our Family of Four

Wow!  If God has favorites, I think I'm one of them! 

This first week with Mallory has been great.  She and I were discharged from the hospital on Sunday afternoon and we headed home to McKinney.  Barrett had been staying with his Aunt Brandi while Mallory and I were at the hospital, and he too arrived back at home ready to take care of little sister!!!!

Barrett is great with her!  He smothers her with kisses, head to toe and helps out around the house during diaper changes and feedings.  The way he talks to Mallory when she is awake melts my heart.  He uses his "baby voice" (like we all do when we talk to babies).  I know Mallory recognizes his voice.  She follows him with her eyes and when she is upset, sometimes his voice soothes her.  It's very special to watch as a mother.  I. AM. SO. IN. LOVE!!!!!

We've had vistors, both family and friends.  We've also been showered with flowers, gifts, and even meals (which really helps from having to cook and clean the kitchen).

Overall, like I said before, I'm BLESSED!  I've got the perfect family and I'm so, so, happy.

















No comments: