Thursday, September 13, 2012

SMILE

I'd like to believe this was Mallory's "first smile".  She did it 3 times in a row!!!  I was walking around the living room with her in my arms (held out so that she could see things) and I stopped to talk to her in my mommy voice, when her tiny face lit up with a big smile.  IT.WAS.PRECIOUS!  I kept talking to her and she continued to smile...each one seeming to be very "real" and as if she could see me well.

 
 
Mallory has recently switched formulas to Nutramigen (at 4 weeks), and seems to be doing well.  We put her on it for her fussiness and tummy issues.  This formula seems to be digested  easier, and Mallory much happier!  Currently, she is eating about 4 ounces every 3 to 4 hours. 
Just last night (at 5 weeks old) we put her in her "big girl bed" / crib.  I think I was a little nervous about how quickly I could make a bottle and run upstairs before she cried too much.  I was afraid she was going to wake up her brother, Barrett.
I did it though!!!  We have video monitor in our bedroom, so I was able to see/hear her early this morning when she began to stir around. 
Matt helped out too.  He came to check on us and helped with putting Mallory back to bed.  We're still working on transitioning her from the rocking chair (which I know she would love to just rock all night long) to the bed where she sleeps.  Just like Barrett, she tends to wake up once we lay her down.  Luckily, she only did this on 2 attempts last night.  Matt ended up having the "magic touch".
The best part about it is that Barrett slept through the entire thing.  Whew!!!!
Barrett came home yesterday with a brilliant idea to have a picnic.  The weather was perfect for it.  We laid out a big blanket in our back yard, and ate sandwiches from Firehouse Subs (his favorite).  Even though Mallory was asleep inside, we enjoyed our "family time".
Barrett's conversations with us continue to brighten our day.  He's so funny and has the best personality.  I'm trying to teach him so jokes to tell his friends, but he enjoys making up his own jokes.  Hmmmmm
Just yesterday, he was talking to Matt and I about school.  This is how the conversation went:
Barrett:  "Hey Mommy and Daddy.  I have to tell you something that is very important"
Me:  "What is it Barrett?"
Barrett:  "You know at school?  You know how we have to lay down on those cots?"
Me:  "Yes."
Barrett:  "Mommy, Daddy, my head is too long!  It doesn't fit on the cots."
Oh my!  This broke my heart, but made me laugh all at the same time.  What he was trying to say was that he was too tall for his mat (pallet).  Poor guy.  Apparently his head or his feet hang off the mat. 
So, with that being said, I made sure that he had something more comfortable to sleep on today at preschool!!!  I sent a pillow that was attached to a little sleeping bag.  I hope it helps.  Poor guy!!!!  He better just get use to being the TALL guy! haha
I wanted to put Barrett into t-ball this Fall, but it didn't work out.  I waited too late to sign him up, but I'm determined to get him into soccer or t-ball in the Spring.
Little did I know..............Barrett is great at volleyball!  Wow!  Matt had him outside practicing some serves and hits.  He bopped everyone of them!!!!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy and Matt,

That boy is gonna be a star and as cute as a bug!

Sammy

Unknown said...

Also the baby is gonna look just like Barrett.