Thursday, September 6, 2012

September is here...

September is here!  Already????  Yes, I'm excited about the cooler weather (that is hopefully on the way), but not excited that my time home with Mallory is narrowing down.  Today she is 4 weeks old!!!! 
Barrett is into his second week of preschool and we finally managed to get him a decent haircut.  That boy's hair is so thick...and it grows so fast!!!  Everything about his growth seems fast lately.  We measured him the other day and I due believe within the past few months, he has grown about a 1/2 foot!  It's crazy.  We've marked his growth spurts on his closet door!  If you were to look back at his markings (3rd birthday / the month we moved into this house just one year ago), I think he has grown over 5 or 6 inches!  He's definitely going to be one tall young man!!!!
Just a couple of things I'd like to remember (and share with him when he gets older)...
-He doesn't like many sweets.  People give me a hard time about it, but honestly, I think it's good.  Now, don't get me wrong, he will eat gummie bears, donut holes, and chocolate chip cookies, but that's about it.  You offer him ice cream, birthday cake, candy bars, cupcakes, or even a soda...and he will tell you, "no thank you". 
-Instead of saying kidnapped, he says, "kidSNAPPED"
-Instead of saying bald eagle, he says, "bOG eagle"
-Instead of saying fantastic, he says, "fanKASTIC"
-He still makes up some whoppers for stories.  He tried telling me that he saw the Statue of Liberty on the way to Graham. 
-That imagination of his continues to run wild.  He was playing with some little tractors at Meme and Papa's house when I gave him some dried pinto beans to but in the trailers, etc.  After a few minutes, he called me over to the table.  He had arranged all the beans into the shape of a duck!  Quite impressive if you ask me!!! hahaha  It was kind of like looking at the clouds and discovering a specific shape out of them.
-He was my sidekick throughout my entire pregnancy.  My doctor (Dr. Herzog) and the ladies in the office (Ms. Pam, Ms. Carol, and all the nurses) adored Barrett.  Dr. Herzog and Barrett quizzed one another on types of dinosaurs and sports cars.  Dr. Herzog told him all about Ferraris and ever since, Barrett wants one of his own!!!  I tried explaining that we don't have the money to own a Ferrari and that if anyone is capable of owning one, it would be Dr. Herzog!  haha  He makes a lot more money that I do!!!!!  I told Barrett that Dr. Herzog would have to buy him one.  Next time I go to the doctor for my check up, I can't wait to take Barrett.  I just know he's going to hit Herzog up about getting that car!!!!

Now, as for Miss Mallory, she is getting so big!  I think her little cheeks have filled out and we're about to upgrade to a size 1 diaper!!!  She drinks about 4 ounces of formula (we've made the switch) and sleeps about 3 to 4 hours between feedings.
She's a great combination of both Matt and I, but my mom thinks she favors me!  Actually, most people say that she looks identical to Barrett (except with a bow).



 

No comments: