Saturday, October 20, 2012

October RUN and PLAY

This morning on laced up my running shoes and ran the Komen Race for the Cure 5K.  I must tell you, it felt amazing.  Granted, 3.2 miles isn't much, but it was enough to motivate me to sign up for a 10K and possibly a 1/2 marathon.  Running never was a passion of mine in high school.  I did it, but mainly because my dad wanted me to, and the track team needed me.  I didn't even run long distances in high school.  Running the mile relay and 400 meter dash, but the extent of running. 
It wasn't until I went off to college, that I saw RUNNING in a whole new light.  It became my way of dealing with stress, having alone time, and relaxing my mind!
Now days, it is something I literally have to do to keep my sanity.  Just the other day, I saw a slogan that said, "I'm one run away from a good mood".  That pretty much sums up my need to get up, get out, and run!!!
Even though I'm post baby (I can't use that excuse for too much longer because Mallory is already approaching 11 weeks), I'm anxious to start setting some goals.  10K....here I come.  Just praying all goes well, and with my old knees and flat feet, I can make it through the training without any injuries!!!





 
October afternoon hanging out at the park with the McCarson family!  We had a picnic and played!  Lots of fun, but a little windy!  I'm surprised we didn't blow away!!!





No comments: