Saturday, February 9, 2013

5 Months with Mallory


 Wow!  Time has been flying by.  Mallory is growing and doing great!  Her toothless grin is absolutely adorable!!!!  She's a happy girl.
 For the most part, she sleeps well through and night, and our biggest achievement is we're substituting bottles for baby food!!!  Hooray!!!  Not every bottle, but at least two meals a day.  She had her morning bottle, afternoon bottle, and night time bottle.  That's taking it from around 5 to 6 bottles a day....to only 3!!!  Whew!  I can handle that!!! 
  She loves eating all types of baby food and enjoys both rice and oatmeal cereals.  Right now, she's hooked on bananas, peaches, carrots, and green beans...but honestly, she eats whatever I put in front of her.  I love watching her take bites because with each one, she opens her mouth so wide.  It reminds me of a little bird in a nest...beak wide open!!!
  No teeth yet, but I know she will soon.  Mallory drools like crazy and we practically live in a bib.  I know those little teeth will show up, and when they do, she's going to look so different!
  Here's another thing she's learned to do, and that is grabbing onto her teeth.  She takes a hold of both of them at a time, and pulls them up to her chest!
  Mally can roll over, but prefers to just cry and have me pick her up!  She loves sitting up, and when she is on her back she will do a baby "crunch".  She can almost pull herself up!!!  All I can sit there and think about is how strong her ab muscles are!!!!  Geezz
  I'm so proud of Mallory and the milestones she accomplishes every day.  She's our sweet baby girl and I can't believe how quickly she is growing and changing. 











No comments: