Saturday, February 9, 2013

February 2013

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed entering different 5Ks this year!  Some of them, I've run by myself, and others with friends.  I've increased my personal goals, and feel more confident about possibly running a 10K or 1/2 marathon soon!!!  On a bad note, my knees have been hurting.  I'm hoping it is the cold weather, but I know for a fact that I tweaked my left knee.  It's a bummer, but I've been wearing a brace on it until I can have it looked at by a doctor.  Running on a "soft track" or treadmill helps too.  I'm sure with my height and weight, all the pounding my knees endure on the concrete...can't be good.
Matt said my braces looked dorky.  I know they do, but it's whatever helps...right. 
My time for this run was 27 minutes!  Best time so far, and placed 27th out of 812 women in my age group!!!  Yea for me!!!!

Stephanie, Me, Allison, Shannon
Hot Chocolate Run
Feb. 9, 2013

No comments: