Friday, March 14, 2014

Thanksgiving in McKinney 2013

Quick story about the table cloth.  It cost a total of $3.00 and was one of the most wonderful experiences of time and memories made with my son.  Barrett and I bought the table cloth for Thanksgiving at Target with the intent on having all the family members participate in coloring a turkey.  However, the week we were out for Thanksgiving, the weather got really cold.  Barrett, Mallory, and I were all stuck indoors.  We couldn't go outside to jump on the trampoline (too cold).  We couldn't ride our bikes or even go to the park. 
So what did Barrett and I do????  We colored.  We had the best time!!!!  I honestly didn't think he would take much interest in it, but he did.  We colored for 3 or 4 days straight.  While we colored, we talked, laughed, sang songs, and added a lot of DETAILS to our turkeys.  We made "punk rocker turkeys, USA turkeys, rainbow turkeys, cowboy turkeys, a Santa Claus turkey, and the list goes on.
I am so proud of the way it turned out!!!!

For Thanksgiving, Matt and I offered for our families to come to McKinney.  We usually travel every year, making our rounds to Throckmorton, Graham, and Carrollton.  But this year, we thought we would invite people over and host Thanksgiving.  No worries...I didn't plan on cooking the turkey.  Our original idea was to order a turkey (pre-cooked) from Kroger or Dickey's BBQ.  Plans changed a little bit, and Gramsey and Papa brought the turkey and dressing, my sister brought some side dishes, and my mom and  I prepared a ham and other side dished the morning of Thanksgiving.
It all turned out WONDERFUL!!!  So much fun.
 
Mallory woke up that morning not feeling good at all.  She was an instant change from the night before.  I was glad that we were here and not out of town so that she could be in the comfort of her house. Poor little think ran fever the entire day and slept.  I think a lot of it was the fact that she was cutting teeth (molars plus eye-teeth).  I think she was getting 4-6 teeth all at once.  Poor baby girl.

 











No comments: