Sunday, February 22, 2015

Mallory Facts

Just a few things about Mallory...
Pacifier - My dad came for a short visit this summer, and while he was here, we were in the process of trying to take Mallory's beloved pacifier away.  I dreaded taking it completely away because I just knew with Mallory (and her strong will) that we would be more than a challenge.  And, taking Barrett's pacifier was so easy...that I assumed I was be due for a difficult departure with "child #2"
To my surprise (on the morning he was leaving), Dad asked Mallory if he could borrow her pacifier.  She was sweet, and automatically allowed Papa to take it from her.  He showed her that he was going to place it in his pocket and keep it safe.
As the morning went on, Mallory forgot about her pacifier, and we said our goodbyes to Papa.
Not until I was reading Mallory her bedtime stories, did she stop me to ask, "Where paci go?"
I told her Papa had it and he went "bye-bye".  I calmly explained that he needed it and that it was safe with him.
God must have had his hand in it, because Mallory literally said, "Oh, alright" and never spoke another word about her pacifier again.
I kept thinking, "THIS IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE", but the fact is...she was okay with it.
Now, she did mention PACIFIER a few times in conversation, but I would always redirect her by saying she didn't need it anymore because it was for babies or tell her that Papa still had it.
Wow!!!!!  I still can't believe her habit for the pacifier was that easy to break!  Whew!

Toes - I have to admit that Mallory has a weird / strange obsession.  She will take off her shoes and socks (wherever we are) and pull apart her toes.  I don't know what she is looking for or if she's just trying to keep them clean...but it's become an obsession of her lately.  I hope it passes soon.

Cartoons - Mallory was never one to really like watching t.v.  I don't know if she just stayed too busy or if watching t.v. didn't interest her like it always did her brother, but around age two...something clicked.  She began watching Micky Mouse Club House and Bubble Guppies.  Those are her two favorite shows!!!  

Hair - I love having a little girl to brush her hair, braid, put in pig tails and ponytails.  Mallory is getting better about sitting still long enough for me to "play" with her hair.  Bring on the bows!!!!  

Blankies - Breaking Mallory of her pacifier was easy, but I just can't help trying to take about her favorite blankies, and to be honest...I'm in no hurry.  I may even wait until she starts public school to take them away.
She has 3 favorites: pink blankie, yellow blankie (lell-lo blankie), and white blankie.  They're all made out of the same material and she sleeps with one every night.  She even walks around with them at the house and takes them with her in the car.  I've managed to make her keep them in the car when we go to a store...but that's about the only time she is WITHOUT them.  

Horses - Mallory makes the BEST horsey sound ever!!!  Seriously...it is the best. And...she loves horses.  I don't know where  or why that became something that she fell in love with...but she is COMPLETELY obsessed with horses (and cleaning out her toes).  
Any chance we have to go to the mall, she wants to ride the carousel!!!  It's adorable.


No comments: