Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Afternoons with Barrett


Look closely. That's a Hot Wheel's car that he carries around with him everywhere. Cheap $.99 toy!

He doesn't have his thumb in his mouth, he is trying to smell a flower/weed.

Okay, so this isn't exactly a beautiful pose...but I couldn't help but post it. There is just something about seeing Barrett in these boots and a diaper that makes me giggle. He DID have shorts on, but after changing multiple diapers, he was in no mood to mess with putting clothes on.
He has a one track mind about going OUTSIDE. Matt and I have to spell the word aloud to one another, or else Barrett overhears us and runs off towards the door.
His favorite words are "outside, door, outside, door, bulldozer, car, shoes, outside, door....."
Almost every day last week, I took him to the park after picking him up from preschool. Oh how he loves the park. I think he learns a lot from just watching the older kids and how they play. It's fun to just sit and watch him (although most of the time I'm chasing him).

Afternoons with Barrett is my favorite part of the day! I'm having the best time of my life with him.
See, he is a sweet boy. He cares about animals. He's trying to feed his pig a goldfish cracker.

3 comments:

Dewawn Wiest said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those boots! :o)

One of these days we're going to join you at the park. I think I'm finally getting caught up at work. I've even been forcing myself to leave early so I can come home, walk/jog, then go get the kids.

Not to mention having to shower before going to get the kids. We've had about 20 4th graders out for most of the week. :o(

Amanda said...

Haha! Love the pictures in his diaper and boots. Just precious! He is such a handsome little thing and is growing up so fast. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Kaci said...

I love the boots! SO CUTE! Hey, I have two new posts...can you believe it????