Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lov'en Labor Day Weekend


I'll start off by saying that our 3 day weekend was incredible. Even though we had been in school just two weeks, I definitely needed some time with my family of three.
Sunday was Grandad Shepard's birthday, so we drove out to Graham, TX to celebrate with him.
Barrett's new word is football. He can say it perfectly! I guess since it's truly "football season", we have a football fan on our hands!

Barrett loves the outdoors. Rain or shine, he wants to be outside all the time. It's his favorite word. We usually don't have too many probably with him, but when he is outside, and we're ready to bring him INSIDE...he throws a fit! Even it if is pouring down rain!!! I guess kids don't pay attention to the fact that they might be overheated, too wet, or could easily get frost bite! ha

With that being said, I got up on Monday morning to take Barrett for a jog. We love going for jogs together (he in the jogging stroller of course, although it won't be too long before he is running right beside me).
Instead of seeing the usual scenery around our subdivision, I decided to take Barrett to Breckinridge Park. We ran about 2 miles, then stopped to feed the ducks and play on the playground equipment.

During the duck feeding, Barrett must have worked up an appetite! As I broke off pieces of bread and threw it towards the ducks, Barrett would pick it up and eat it for himself! I tried to get him to share, but he didn't quite understand the concept.
Eventually, he realized the ducks were eating it, but we ran out of snacks too soon. Then off to the water the ducks waddled, and Barrett was right behind them (heading right for the water). I literally dropped my camera and took off in a sprint to get him! I caught him right before he made it to the water!!!!
I know to the people who witnessed the scene must have thought I was inexperienced with children (which I guess I am with energetic little boys) or, they felt sorry for me.

Having a Barrett/Mommy Day at the park was so much fun!!! We're going to have to do that more often!

Then we met up with Matt after he had finished riding his mountain bike, and stopped by our neighbor's farm to see the miniature horses!

Overall, the PERFECT weekend with my family!!!!

3 comments:

Breeslovedones said...

He looks more and more like Matt every time I see pics. I will have to say, I do miss seeing him up at school.

Amanda said...

Love his smile in those first few pictures...he cracks me up! I cannot believe how old he looks!!! We need to see him soon. :)

Taren said...

Dustin would LOVE the A & M jersey! Cam has the cheerleading outfit and Barrett has the jersey...we must get a picture of both of them in that together!