Friday, September 18, 2009

Rainy Days

Rain or shine, we love the outside! This week in particular, happened to be the week of rainy afternoons, but Barrett wasn't about to let it stop him from getting outdoors.

Splish-splash!

I think he thought if might begin to hail...and he wanted to be prepared.

About to take a sample of "fresh water".

Strange but true, he thinks it is fun to get his hair wet. He's even attempted to try and drink out of the puddles! And, the more he can splash and get wet...the better!!!!

School News
Our week at school was great too. I noticed a few new fall things he had decorated, hanging on the walls in his classroom (a mobile, hand paintings, and ghosts). My favorite is a scarecrow cut out, with Barrett's actual photo attached as the head! Too cute.
This week, Barrett learned about:
The number #4
The letter D
The shape of a STAR
The animal, DOG
The color BLACK
Where his EARS were located (he already knew that one)
He explored the PLANETS (he probably thought they were colorful balls)
We also squeezed in an afternoon get together with Caiden Hazelwood. We love Mr. Caiden and Mrs. Debbie.
Great Job!!!!
Barrett made it a whole entire week without crying at morning drop-off. He is learning new things, making friends, and so tired at the end of every day, that he goes to bed by 7:45 without being rocked!!!! I almost miss those snuggle times! At least he wakes up every morning and snuggles with me. I don't ever want him to grow out of that!!!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I LOVE these pictures!

Becky at "Cheese My Head" said...

Thanks for the sweet comment about Miss Gracie's hair. She's pretty fun :) Doesn't she look like she could be Angie's?! Love those curls.

BTW, your Barrett is just precious! He's got the sweetest, most adorable face. Love the rainy day pics! You actually jogged my memory with the puddle slurping, and I remembered that Jonah used to do that too. Ha! Must be a boy thing.

Blessings!

Taren said...

These are so cute and what great memories they make! I got your email...how about we take them to the park this week after school!