Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Surprise!!!


Well, I did it. I pulled off the surprise of the year.
A few weeks ago, Albertsons called me and told me that I won tickets to the Dallas Cowboys game. I couldn't believe it! Once I calmed myself down from the initial shock of winning something, I began to plan how I was going to tell Matt.
Believe it or not, I was able to keep it a secrete until the actual day of the game (or hours before it started). Yes, I know...I was proud of myself for holding a secrete for that length of time (over 11 days). I seriously was about to burst though!!!!
Monday, I left work as soon as school was out. I took Barrett into Matt's office holding a jersey and a little card that said, "Will you go with Mommy to the Dallas Cowboy game tonight".
Matt was totally surprised. He kept asking me if I was serious, then he began asking all sorts of questions about what we were going to do with Barrett, what time the game started, etc.
As planned, I had everything taken care of. We were able to drop off Barrett at Gramsey and Papa's house and head to the game.
The game was a blast. The stadium was absolutely amazing. We had a nice time together and it was something we definitely needed (a night for just the two of us).

1 comment:

Dewawn Wiest said...

Yay for couple time! Don and I need that soon!!!!