Sunday, August 8, 2010

Keeping COOL

With temperatures this high (above 100 degrees)...I suggest if you're going to be outside...to be around W-A-T-E-R!
Every morning and afternoon, I go outside to water my plants and trees. Barrett loves helping me. He begs to hold the water hose, which in return leads to a 2 year old WET from head to toe!



This picture was taken at 9:00 in the morning! Granted, it was hot already! I don't blame him for wanting to swim.

Meme and Papa Barrett came into town for a short visit this weekend. We're always so happy to see them. Barrett is seriously obsessed with my dad's truck. He couldn't wait to see Papa's big, black truck pull into the driveway.
We went out for dinner Friday night, then my mom and I did a little shopping out at Allen's Water Creek shopping center (love that place)!
Saturday morning, we headed downtown to the Dallas Aquarium. We thought it would be the perfect, "cool" place to visit. Barrett hasn't been there since he was about 8 months old.
He enjoyed every minute of it, and so did my parents (who had never been there before).

Isn't he getting so big?



This was probably the highlight of the entire tour! Barrett kept screaming out, "Yook everybody, a sku-bba-driver"!!! Kids were looking at him like he was crazy, but he was sooooo excited about seeing a real scuba diver!!!! When she looked up and saw all the kids starring at her, she waved...and that fired up Barrett even more!
Summer nights are a favorite too. I don't feel like I have to prepare for anything the next day, can stay up watching tv, reading, blogging, or whatever. We've even gotten out of a routine of putting Barrett to bed at a certain time. I know that's bad for those of you believing in a very structured bedtime.
Unfortunately, my summer break is about to end, and that means Barrett's break is almost over too.

2 comments:

Megan said...

The aquarium looks awesome! I have never been either and I can't wait to take Hayden! I am thinking we should wait till next Spring maybe? I think he is still a little young to really enjoy it. What do you think?

Glad you got to enjoy some family time!!

Amanda said...

These are great pictures!!! He does look so big. We HAVE to see him (and you)before summer ends!!!

Megan - I think Hayden would enjoy it at any age! We took Ella before she was a year old and she just liked to look at the fish swimming around. It's the price that's the kicker. Ha!