Saturday, August 21, 2010

Troll Bridge

Is the Grumpy ole Troll under here?????

Who has seen an episode of Dora where the Grumpy 'ole Troll appears? I know we have!......which leads me to tell you a story about Barrett this morning.
I actually woke Barrett up this morning anxious to get over to Breckinridge Park early, before the hot temperatures hit. We were headed to feed the ducks (and hopefully see the two that we left at the pond months ago in April).

My big guy doesn't need a stroller anymore, so he was on foot with his bread bag in hand. There is just something about little boys. He is always running ahead of me or exploring the rocks, dirt, holes, or bugs behind me! Lately, it's all about the hills (I know I'm off topic). Every time he spots a somewhat "tall hill" he hikes up it, then blasts down it at high speeds! Oh my!!! I think his running down hill... as fast as he does, is some sort of "thrill" (like guys have when they drive a car fast, or jump a bike off of a steep ramp)!
Okay, back on the subject.
As we were crossing over the bridge that leads to the pond, Barrett was looking closely off the edges. He even made a quick glance back and said, "Come on Mom, follow me". Once over the bridge, he announced, "We did it! That grumpy ole troll not get us. He not come out".
Of course I decided to play along with him, and a soon as I started talking about going back and looking under the bridge to see if we could find him, Barrett held up his arms and said, "Mommy, hold me!"
Obviously, at this point, I decided it was time for a lesson about "make-believe", pretending, and using our imagination.

We're thinking this is one of our old ducks that we raised at our house. Seirously...it would not leave us alone and stayed super close to use the whole time (even after all the food was gone).
Please excuse the way I look. I had just gone for a long run before taking B to the park.

What a beautiful morning! Barrett and I sat on the grass for a while after feeding the ducks and ate muffins and milk. It was special time spent with my precious little boy! I love him so much.

1 comment:

Megan said...

So stinkin' sweet!!! Just precious! That would be so cool if that was one of your ducks!